Thursday, January 28, 2010

My Little Bubble of a Dream: Amish Style

So my last post was because of exciting news i just recieved. I have taken a very fond interest in the Amish and their culture and way of life. I have visited Amish Country several times and read many books on the Amish. I developed a sudden, random desire to have an Amish penpal, and create a relationship with an Amish person. Everyone thought I was crazy, and I did too. But it wouldnt leave my mind, and I decided to just go for it and answer my strange interest.
So i set out and started emailing and contacting everyone and anyone I thought might be of help to me, and was getting help from some people, but mostly I was recieving responses that crushed my hopes and basically said my dream was 'impossible'. And I started to believe it was true.
One man from a company I was emailing was going to contact his friends who lived near and had friends in the Amish community. I didn't expect anything from it, but after i followed up another email with him, he said that he had contacted them and they were going to talk to a family that might be interested. That was yesterday.
This morning I found an email labeled "Good News!" in my inbox. I have the full address of a girl that wants to correspond with me, and I am so thrilled. I share this with everyone because I had a seemingly impossible dream...and it became a reality. So do not give up. I will continue to update my penpal status, as well!

No comments: