Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Love and Fate...or Hate?

Why do the minds of men tend to function so differently than the minds of women? Or is it just my mind? Is it only because of my particular way of thinking that I find myself butting heads in all of my relationships? I think that most of the struggle in relationships comes from miscommunication. Its so easy to get angry at your significant other when they dont see things from your eyes and understand exactly what your feeling and what you want. I know first hand that I get automatically frustrated when my boyfriend doesnt say what I want him to say or do what I expect him to do. Isn't it peculiar how we unknowingly have expectations in our mind for everyone? And we want them to live up to the standards we set. The interesting thing is that these standards are unspoken, invisible rules. Women make up lists of qualities, traits, behaviors and different expectations in their heads for men. And a relationship, in a sense, or dating, rather, is almost the time for men to search and discover exactly what to do and how to act. It is a natural thing to do, I am not bashing anyone. But I find myself getting angry and starting a fight when I am upset about something and my boyfriend doesn't understand automatically...I realize he doesnt understand because I do not explain or communicate anything to him! Lets give these guys a LITTLE leeway..

But hey, I still think men should be able to read my mind and understand me automatically. Aren't I right, ladies?

4 comments:

Vikis Kitchen said...

Very nice post dear. That's what we women feel always:) I read in a book related with human psychology ...."Basically men are born for hunting food and women for making the men take care of them and kids" So we are the rulers and we make rules:) Men never look for the feelings as a hunter cannot feel the others. while the rulers can. Now all are working and so there is some confusion in sharing our duties. I dated my hubby for a long time , from the day he did his college...and still I say he can't understand me. It will take a very long time / years / decades to make them understand us:) Best wishes dear!
Keep on writing. You have a great thought collection. enjoyed your color choice too:)

Trixie said...

haha thank you for your sweet words and comment! we women have all the power! as wonderful and magical as love is, it will never ever be easy. but that is the true beauty of love. it is literally a 'work of art' and 'labor of love' !

Unknown said...

I'm hoping someday that both my husband and I will be blessed with the gift of mind reading! It would solve so many problems.
On the other hand...maybe he doesn't always want to know what I'm thinking! :)

Trixie said...

Exactly! As great as it would be, sometimes the mysteries of peoples minds are the some of the greatest aspects of their personality and is what draws us to them. True love is when two people can pretty much read one anothers minds without knowing every detail and getting bored with the predictability!